Friday, November 30, 2012

from boys to girl.. part 1

When we found out we were having just one baby instead of two, we gave away one of our car seats.
When we found out we were having a girl and not a boy I wanted so badly to doll up the car seat we had.  I have kind of left it on the back burner along with everything else baby girl for a while because the past few months have been insane!!!  My neighbor got an adorable car seat cover on line and while all of them were SUPER cute, they just weren't the colors I was looking for.   So I did what I always do and searched on Pinterest... and found this tutorial and got to work.  I waited for a sale at Joann's and got some fabric that will match her room (grey, pink and white...surprisingly not easy to find!!)  , plus a little extra to work on some things for her room  all for $20,  (car seat fabric alone was about $15 but there is plenty left over to make a scrappy blanket or throw pillows)  and I also got matching thread and binding from walmart for only a couple of dollars. 
 
Here is the car seat before.. cute and gender neutral but not exactly what I wanted for my girly-girl I plan on having ;)
 
 


 
I spent only a couple days on it because it ended up being a super fun project and I really wanted to see if it would work out!!  I just followed the directions on the tutorial and because her car seat cover and visor on the tutorial were a little different then mine I took tons, and I mean TONS of pictures as I was pulling the seams apart so I could make sure I put it back together correctly.    I also wanted the cover to be two fabrics and when I pulled it apart it was just one big piece so I improvised and made my own pattern and sewed it all together so it looks like it was meant to be that way~
 
AFTER!!
(not the best lighting in the pictures, but you get the idea)




 
Now baby girl can come home in style in 3 months!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!!! You may have to do one for me in the future! haha... And I havent blogged in FOREVER because I have reached my picture overload.. So looks like im gonna have to start a new blog???? WHAT!

    ReplyDelete